Norwalk, CT (Headquarters)
About The Position:
As GL/AP Accountant you will be responsible for managing AP, GL accounts, budgeting and assisting controlling activities. As the ideal candidate you will manage multiple priorities, ensure internal and external deadlines are met and take initiative to drive process improvement with our accounting system SAP and related controlling systems such as SAP Business Warehouse.
You will be reporting to Senior Accounting Manager.
Radeberger Gruppe, USA is an importer of German Beers, a division of Radeberger Gruppe, the largest brewing group in Germany. We are a fast-growing supplier, with a unique portfolio of brands from Germany (Clausthaler N/A, Radeberger Pilsner, Schöfferhofer Grapefruit). The mission of Radeberger Gruppe is to be the representative of the German Beer Culture all over the world. The Radeberger Gruppe belongs to Oetker-Gruppe which is one of the biggest family-owned FMCG companies in Germany.
- General ledger and spreadsheet analysis, journal entries, account reconciliations, and accounts payable monitoring and analysis
- Manage the reconciliation of vendor accounts and balances including accruals.
- Prepare and record all disbursements via ACH, wire, occasional checks, and direct debits.
- Prepare schedules to assist in analysis of monthly results against prior month and budget/forecast.
- Responsible for month-end, year-end close-procedures, and financial reporting.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
- Update and maintain accounts payable records.
- Assist with audit requests.
- Complete special projects, ad hoc data requests and assignments, as necessary
- Assist in the development and implementation of controls, process enhancements, and accounting policies.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Previous full AP experience a must
- Advanced Excel skills
- Must have knowledge of ERP Systems (SAP a plus)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Works well under tight reporting time frame, self-motivated; willingness to learn
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to identify problems and recommend possible solutions
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple projects to a successful completion
- Ability to work effectively at various levels within the organization
- Collaborative, proactive, takes initiative
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to take on challenging assignments
- Solid understanding of GAAP rules and regulations
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary depends on degree and/or experience
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Salary: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Requirements and Conditions:
- GAAP: 3 years (Required)
- License/Certification: Bachelor Degree (Required)
- Job Type: Full-time
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Physical Setting: Office
- Work Location: In person
- Ability to commute/relocate: Norwalk, CT 06851: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Provide resume and work references (online portfolio with a link or attach files in total lower than 3MB).
Please no recruiters or personnel agencies and no phone call or walk-ins.